Lately, I have been looking back on the year 2010! To be honest, I am proud of the things I have learned that year and the growth I have made physically and mentally!
Last year, I remember feeling very discouraged and depressed about my weight. I weighed heavier than I ever have in my life, and with not having a lot of money for clothes, it was hard to feel so chunky and out of date.
I also really struggled emotionally with wanting to start expanding our family. It was hard trying to do everything we could do month after month and feeling like we were getting no where. It was hard listening to so many conversations about how easy it was for others to get pregnant, and oftentimes I felt completely alone because Kevin didn't like talking about it. It was also hard being on hormonal medication! It made it so I cried all the time! I would watch a commercial about cars and cry! haha!
Fortunately, I have always had a strong testimony of the atonement and the power of prayer. I prayed a lot last year, and asked Heavenly Father to help me do some hard things that I felt impossible.
1.) Exercise and eat healthy daily.
2.)Find a happy balance in my life
3.)Keep stress out of my life.
God loves me a lot, and helped me with all three of these things. He helped me stay motivated to my health when I needed it most. Since I started working out and eating better, I have lost 12 pounds and now fit in my high school clothes!
He helped me cope with our struggles by helping Kevin and I communicate our concerns, and helping me open up about our infertility to others. Since I have opened up about it, I have felt SO much happier! I even feel happy being around other people's babies! I also have found some wonderful people who are very supportive and listen to me when I need it most! I have some great sister's that have also given me wise advice!
And last but not least, he has helped me a TON with stress! When I first got called as Young Women's President I was terrified because stress levels can affect your hormones and body in so many negative ways and I wasn't sure if my body could handle any more of that. But, even though I have had to deal with some really hard things in this calling, I haven't felt stressed at all! I am actually amazed at how often the spirit has directed me to do something or say something when I need to! I also have been blessed with some great leaders that really help me out whenever I need it!
Now that it is 2011, I look forward to being able to accomplish more hard things with the help of my Savior and Heavenly Father, and friends and family!
Some of my resolutions for this year are...
1.)Stop biting my nails.
2.)Continue fixing healthy recipes and exercising
3.)Accomplish Personal Progress AGAIN and get an honor bee!
Honestly, my number one resolution goal will be the hardest, but I already started it in December. My approach to it this time is to keep buying/wearing fake nails until I stop. It's a little expensive, but getting dental work on my teeth if I chip a tooth could be just as expensive if I don't stop! I am also trying to figure out another habit to replace this habit but can't find one. If you know of anything let me know. I need it, because every time I see how long my nails are I really want to bite them off! I hate the feeling of long nails. They feel so dirty...so I am trying to keep them short, but long at the same time.
Also...don't recommend that nasty stuff you put on your nails. I'm kind of sick of hearing that! I have tried it at least 5 times and it doesn't work for me because after you wash your hands it comes off, and it turns your fingers yellow every time you paint it on! GROSS!
6 comments:
You are an a amazing lady and example to me. I feel so grateful to know you and to be around you. You have an amazing spirit and I can feel it everyday when you are in my home. I pray for you and Kevin often as I know what you are going through.
I would love some of your healthy recipes. I think I need to get healthier as well...maybe it will help me like it has helped you.
Ellen i love how optimistic you are! going through trials is SO hard. and for you to be so optimistic through all this is such an example to me! eric and i love you and kevin so much!
and i couldn't help but smile when i heard you are trying to stop biting your nails, again! haha. maybe you could try starting to twirl your hair..it's what i do. and i just noticed i do that when i read your blog. haha. we love you guys! let's meet up again soon! when the weather warms up!
As embarrassing as this is, I (Lo) had a problem with sucking my thumb as a kid. My mom would put that yucky stuff on my nails too. I would just suck it off.
Ellen you are amazing!! I wish i could do hard things!! What a good example you are to us all! Sorry, i started laughing when you started talking about not biting your nails anymore. Ive heard that before, but those days are over. You can do it El, I believe in you. Maybe you should get dum dums and chew on them instead of your fingers, thats what smokers do.....i dont know, maybe it helps...
First of all, you never looked chubby, but good for you for getting so fit! You look great! Also, you are a great YW president!
Ellen!
I found your blog! I LOVED it. You are so honest and sincere. It is refreshing to read. I was so inspired after reading it. I loved your goals. They are very realistic but worthwhile as well. Yay for personal progress. Lol. Congrats on losing weight. Weight can be a difficult issue. I am so grateful to be working with you in YW. I hope to relieve any stress that it may bring to you. Biting your nails is a tough habit to break. I would know because I'm still going on 22 years of doing it. Painting my nails helps for a few weeks at a time, but then I always go back. That nail stuff does not work. I just licked it off until it was gone. Thanks for your blog, I enjoyed it.
Post a Comment