Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stressed out.


(I had to put this picture up...my best friend, Brooke gave me a card with this on it in high school when I was having a hard time!...Plus, my sugar-free diet has not been so hot this month due to stress!)

Lately, I have felt completely stressed out! There is SO much going on, and I honestly don't know how I am going to do it without having a mental breakdown.

This last month was SUPER busy! We had about 2 activities a week in Young Women's (I didn't plan most of these activities...it just happened.) We had normal activities on Thursdays because of seminary (and some of the Sat. activities excluded other YW)... Our Saturday activities were a Priest/laurel conference that was a sleepover type thing in Delaware, a R.S. babysitting activity (I was gone that weekend), and BOM read-a-thon (we were hoping to get a YW done with her virtue project so she could receive her YW recognition award) and this Saturday is a Special Olympic activity that lasts pretty much all day. I cancelled Mutual this week though because it's just too much, but I still have to give rides to some of the YW for seminary so it's not much different than having mutual on Thursday anyway. Sometimes, I find myself thinking..."Maybe I should just allow things to fall apart for once, just so I can have my sanity back." It's tempting sometimes...but I know I could never do that.

Anyway...I am exhausted. Sunday, was hard for me. During Sacrament I was thinking about how busy the month had been and a whole bunch of other things on my mind, and I just broke down crying. It's hard feeling like I have no time to see Kevin (especially now since he is in the midst of finals). I don't want to sound like a cry baby...but it really does stink!

This next month, the YW really have to focus on fundraising for camp, which means even more time getting everything planned and together so it can be successful for them! Knowing this is coming up, makes me cringe inside because it's already been so busy and I was hoping for it to die down soon...but I don't see that happening for awhile.

Anyway...I didn't want to write this because it's so negative and not very uplifting...but I felt like I had to get it out. On a better note...this is my 200th post!!! Can't believe I have written that much...but lets face it...a lot of my posts are gobbity goo posts I write when I am bored.

If you want to check out some fun stuff we did this month...check out the post I finished today below on our 3rd Anniversary and visit with family!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It's a little late but maybe as an idea for next year, our young women make mother's day dinners and sell them for 30 and you can also add cinnamon rolls for 10 or an extra dinner for 15. This year it's lasagna, salad and rolls. They start letting people buy their dinners in Jan or Feb and then they cook all morning the day before mother's day and deliver the meals that afternoon/evening.

Bryn said...

Ellen, i love your posts! even if you think this one is depressing...its not! plus, its healthy to vent. I am so impressed at how much you do and how well you do it! I think i am going to need a card from brook too! It must be the key to success! love you, hope it all goes well!!

Jaymie and Justin said...

You definitely have one of the most stressful callings in the ward. Hopefully the summer will fly by and YW will get less busy.