Sooo...we had to find a new site to replace the one we lost. Most of the sites still open were on the east coast so we only had a handful to pick from since we didn't want to drive across the country 3 times. We decided and are officially going to....


San Antonio, TEXAS
Here are the positives of living in San Antonio for 3 months...
1.) We have family there
2.) We will have a temple close by
3.) The site is 2 miles away
4.) The Dr. Kevin is working with is an Opthomologist so he will get some more experience and good business ideas.
So now our externship adventures look like this:
Maryland, Philadelphia, Colorado, Texas, California
In some ways I am still bummed we aren't going to Arizona. I love living with family, but I hate feeling like I am invading someones home and personal space. 3 months can be a long time living with other people, and the last thing we want to do is ruin relationships with anyone because they got sick of us. I am also a very independent person, so it is really hard for me to depend on others. I think its going to feel weird having our own space after externships are over.
5 comments:
Love the blog layout!
We can't wait to have you here! Please don't feel like we would get tired of you two. But I do know how you feel. And if Kevin can share a bed with us I think we can handle 3 months sharing a home. :) It is the perfect time of year while your here too.
That stinks that you lost the Arizona site, but good that you were able to find somewhere else so quickly. I love you Ellen!!!!
I have a best friend serving in San Antonio and she loves it.
San Antonio is a fun city! You guys are so easy going that I doubt you will wear out your welcome.
I knew where you were going from that first picture. I LOVE San Antonio. That's where we went for our honeymoon. I understand your concerns about living with family. We did it too during externships and it can be challenging.
Post a Comment