Tuesday, November 22, 2011

3 more weeks till we leave Philly...

So we only have a little more than 2 months left till we START our first externship in Maryland, but only 3 weeks left in Philadelphia! We are super excited to get this going so we can graduate and be done!

Last weekend, we got all our big stuff put into storage. We are just living off the bare necessities now. Air Mattress, card table, camp chairs, a few cooking things, clothes and that's pretty much it! I feel kind of like a pioneer getting ready to pack up my wagon to cross the plains with only the things we need to survive. I have to say...it has been kind of nice not having a lot of things so far. There is less to clean up everyday!

Other than that, I have been busy getting in my friend time before I don't have friends anymore. (Although, I am going to try to have friends in every place we live despite the amount of time we live there!) I went to one of my last girls nights, I've been going to play groups, and I went to a midnight showing of Twilight last week. I have to admit...I'm not a huge fan of Twilight...meaning...I haven't read any of the books and probably never will. Its hard for me to get into a book once I have already seen it in the theaters. And I am not a huge fan of Bella in the movies...she is a bit too dramatic. BUT...it was one of the best twilight movies I have seen. A little disturbing, but it had a good plot. The best part was hanging out with friends. We went to a "Movie Tavern" so we got seated almost as soon as we got to the theater and were able to order food and hang out till it started! It was a great way to do a midnight showing because the wait didn't seem as long! The food was amazing too! We all split a whole bunch of the desserts, and a friend and I split an appetizer that was delicious! It was a lot of fun! I'm bummed I'm going to miss out on so many girls nights with these girls when we leave. At least, I will be able to come back in the summer!


First in Line!
(From top left to Bottom right...Jamie, Amber, ME, Lindsay, Stephanie, Deborah, Susi, Nicole, Sarah, Jaymie, Christie)


Seated! Not pictured...my friend, Jaymie. She went to the bathroom but the guy was not patient enough to wait for her. I swear other people took photos with her there, but I haven't seen them! :(

Next, we have been looking for places to stay when we come back in the summer. We're looking for places closer to Kevin's school and clinics this time. We found a studio apartment close to his school that costs about the same amount we pay at our place, except it has added benefits...such as a washer and dryer inside the apartment! That means no more collecting quarters! We're not sure what their leasing contract will be like yet, but I am crossing my fingers that it works out! It also has a shuttle that takes you to the mall for free! If I am wondering if I got a job at the mall, if I could hitch a ride on the shuttle everyday without them getting mad at me! It would be great since Kevin will need the car a lot of the time! We'll see.

Anyway, that's what going on in our neck of the woods...we are super excited for the holidays! I'm getting sick of the stressfulness of Philadelphia. I go through phases where I loath this place, and phases when I don't want to leave. I guess that's just part of moving.

1 comment:

Shilo and Betsy said...

How exciting. You guys are going to have so much fun living in so many different places. Well, it will probably be stressful too, but hopefully you will have lots of good memories. Good luck with everything!