Thursday, December 1, 2011

My thoughts as of late. Family Pics.

We just got our family pictures back last night and I am so happy to have them! They turned out great, thanks to Kyle Payne! When I told Kevin that I wanted to get pictures, in the back of my mind I kept thinking..."Is it stupid to get more pictures of just the two of us when we have so many already?"

When Kevin and I first found out we were moving to Philadelphia, I had this clear picture of what it would be like when we left...and that was that we would be a family of almost four. We had just started trying so I figured that by the time we would be leaving I would be prego with our second. Well obviously, that didn't happen. AT ALL! So, I fought myself for a couple of months on whether we needed pictures before we left. Finally, I decided, "WHO CARES if we have a TON of nice pictures of just us. This has been an amazing journey for both of us. We have both grown SO much here, and it is what we consider home. I want to document that in some way! Plus, I love the fall colors and we deserve it!"

Now that we have gotten them back, I am SO happy we did get them taken. Even though we may not have children yet, I am happy that someday our kids can look back on all the pictures Kevin and I have together and to see how much we love each other. That is always comforting to a kid. And even if for some reason (which I'm sure we will have children at some point in our lives), we don't have children, we are a family! Kevin means everything to me! I am so grateful for the trials we have had here because I feel like we have grown so much closer! Everyday, I am thankful to have Kevin in my life! He makes life SO much easier!

Anyway...I thought I would post some of my favorite pictures of us...Pictures I will hang in our home (when we have one to decorate again) someday.


Kevin actually took this picture when we were dating. I love it!

Our Engagement Picture. My Dad took this one before we were officially engaged! :)


Of course our Wedding Pictures! Some of my favorites I didn't out on here because the CD sounded funny when I put it in my computer!






When you're a Wheat, you can't resist a picture in a Wheat Field! All of these pictures were done by our friend, Brandon Bishop in Rexburg!













Last, but not least...


I actually can't narrow all my faves down...but you get the idea!


















I told you we had a TON of pictures of just us! I LOVE IT! :)

12 comments:

Brittany Shore said...

Ellen I love all of your pictures! The ones taken at night are really cool! And I don't think it's silly at all to get more pictures of you guys. How is all of the packing going?

Ginger said...

Wow! You guys are a grogeous couple! You will NEVER regret taking those last pictures in Philly! They are a*maz*ing! Isn't it crazy how when you are first dating & very first married you can't imagine loving your spouse any more than you do at that time??? Then...it happens, you begin to love them even more...and it never stops.

Brit said...

and keep them coming ellen! we love seeing the happiness on both of your faces! i love the fall colors! you are so photogenic!

Laura said...

I love the one with the skyline behind you! How cool to have that to remember your time in Philly forever!

janine said...

These are gorgeous, Ellen! Those fall colors are spectacular and I love that you wore purple to contrast!

Unknown said...

Love you both! Can't wait to have you in Texas in a year!

Paige Broadbent said...

You guys looks fantastic-what a great couple! I have actually never seen pictures of your wedding day before, but we used the same flowers. You have great taste.

Stephanie said...

Your pictures turned out great!! Really pretty. I am glad you took pictures of you two. You will never regret taking too many pictures.

Erin Anderson said...

Ellen,
The pictures are beautiful. I love love love the fall colors in your most recent ones. You are so beautiful!

Stacey said...

All those pictures are beautiful! I love those that you took at night! I promise you won't ever regret having a lot of pictures of the two of you! You guys look great!

nathalia said...

There should always be good pictures of people in love. Especially good, beautiful people! You guys qualify! Your kids will love looking at these.

Jaymie and Justin said...

They turned out great! Glad that you got some beautiful autumn colors in some of them too!