Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Resolutions

In the past couple of years, I have really enjoyed making new years resolutions. I was never really good at making and keeping them until a couple of years ago when I finally made smaller goals for myself.

Last year, Kevin and I made some together as a family and some personal goals. We looked over them the other day and were happy with how well we stuck to them. We weren't perfect, but we have grown this year from doing them.

This year we planned some again together, and I am excited to grow a little more! I won't get into our family goals...those are top secret between me and Kevin...but I will share a few of my personal goals...

* Ween myself off my sugar addiction. If you follow my blog, you know I have a SERIOUS sugar addiction. I raid my cupboards for sugar every day looking for anything that will satisfy my sweet tooth. I didn't notice how bad it was until a doctor told me I should stop eating sugar. I tried to for a couple of weeks but found that I would snack on it without thinking sometimes. Later, I found an article about how a lady cured her hypothyroid by quitting sugar. I have a hypothyroid and would like to see if this works. If nothing, at least I will have more discipline. I would quit cold turkey, but I tried that and it made me really crabby...so weening it will be.

* Run a 10k. Last year, I was training for a half marathon with my friends in Philly, but my doctor told me to stop because he was prescribing me a lot of different drugs for an IUI and if I lost any more weight it could make things a little wacky. So, I sadly had to stop in the middle of it. This year, I will train for a 10k. That way I can stay motivated in keeping in shape and healthy, but also follow my doctors orders.

* Be a better missionary. Kevin and I have a couple of friends that we have been trying to share the gospel with. It has been awesome being able to talk about the gospel with them. It prompted me to make this goal for myself this year. I want to be a little more open about my religion to others I meet.

* Learn how to sew and crochet (or knit). I have a sewing machine that I know how to use because I took a beginners sewing class. However, I want to actually use it for fun this time, instead of stressing out about getting an A in class and having someone help me with every little step. I learn better when I teach myself through looking at books and trial and error. I also want to learn how to crochet or knit things. I think this will help me pass the time with all these externships!

Those are just a few of my goals...I have some more personal ones as well... I am excited for the new year and all the things I will learn!

2 comments:

Gibbles N Bit said...

I have a niffty-knitter thing, and I've had fun with that. I've made lots of hats, and I've started branching out (I made my first scarf last year, and I love it). I think that's a fun way to start.

Jaymie and Justin said...

Those are all good goals!