Friday, January 20, 2012

Camp Kelly

At the beginning of the year, I finally got to work on a quilt I started 6 or 7 months ago. It was a very difficult project for me because I don't have a lot of experience sewing, but I think it turned out kind of cute. Its definitely not perfect, but I love it anyway. The best part is that I feel a little more confident with a sewing machine now from sewing all those pieces together.






(Kelly thought this would be a funny pose with my quilt.)


(My cute nephew)

The day after I finished my quilt, I left for my sister, Kelly's house to spend the week. She had all these cute craft ideas for us to do, so we joked about it by saying I was going to "Camp Kelly".

Our first craft we did was an infinity scarf.



Our next project was learning to crochet. My 11 yr old nice taught me my first few stitches which was pretty special. Then Kelly and I branched out and learned some new stitches. I started crocheting a scarf (which isn't done yet) and we crocheted these cute flower brooches.


(My sister, Kelly and her brooch.)



Later, we made some gorgeous feathered brooches.




We had a ton of fun crafting. We went a little craft crazy and went to 3 different craft stores within the week. It was a ton of fun!

Not only did I craft, but I got to spend time with my adorable nieces and nephews! I haven't spent this much time with them for a LONG time. Usually, I just see them for a day when I come to Colorado, so it was fun getting to know them again. They have grown up so fast. I can't believe my niece will be a beehive soon and going to Girls Camp this year!











As you can see, it was a fun little week. I wish it didn't have to end!

3 comments:

Sierra Charsely said...

I am so glad you had a fun time! Those are really cute crafts. And Kelly was right, i cant tell you how much I love that picture of you on your quilt, Im laughing out loud.

Annalisa said...

Wow. Good job. I need Kelly to come here and host Camp Kelly: Philly style to help me do a few projects I've had on my mind for awhile. I love the pic of you on the quilt. Very funny. I am so glad you are able to be with your family. Miss ya. Are you enjoying the Bachelor? Love ya girl!

Jaymie and Justin said...

That quilt looks great! Cute crafts and pictures of your nieces and nephews!