Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Catch up

Well, we left Philly almost a month ago. And it feels good to be done with the cleaning and packing for awhile.



This was us celebrating our last sunday in Philly, and being released from our callings. There is never a dull moment in our ward. Our last sunday, a woman got arrested for stealing someone's purse. We will have great memories of our time in the Logan ward for sure! :)

Here are a couple of pictures I took before we checked out of our apartment.





After we checked out, we went to say a few good-byes and stayed at a hotel for two nights. Those two nights were glorious. It was nice having Kevin all to myself for a little bit, plus we each got our own bed. I almost forgot how nice it felt to sleep on a real bed. We were sleeping on an air mattress for almost two months before that.

On Dec. 18th, we left for the Philly airport only to discover that two of our friends from our ward were going to be on the same flight!My friend, Holly was only going to be on the flight to Denver with us, but our friends the Palmers would be on both flights to Salt Lake. The first flight was so fun! We all sat together, talked, and entertained the kids! The other awesome part about that flight was that it wasn't full, so Kevin and I had some space! It was one of the funnest plane rides I have been on. (Picture to come of the airplane flight...I just have to get it from Kevin).

After we made it to Denver, we got to get our picture with Santa Claus and we headed out to Salt Lake. That flight was packed, but I slept the whole way so it didn't matter too much.

Once we arrived to Salt Lake, we were picked up by Kevin's parents and that night we went to see Temple Square all lit up.


The next day, we headed to the family cabin in Park City. There was hardly any snow this year at the cabin, but we still managed to ride in on the snow mobiles.

The next day, I got sick with a cold and the rest of the time at the cabin I continued to fight my cold. Because of it, I was really tired. In order to not make the cold worse, I didn't go outside too much. So that was kind of a bummer, but it was still fun being with family nonetheless. We enjoyed eating, playing games (especially a crazy game of uno), snowmobiling, and snow shoeing.





After everyone left the cabin, Kevin and I went to see my friend, Betsy! We were roommates for 3 years at BYU-Idaho. So we talked about our many memories and I got to hold and kiss her little Eli a ton! He is so cute!


We spent the night in a hotel again before we left for Colorado. Then flew the next day. When we got home we played games with my younger brother and teased him for having a girl friend. That's what older sisters do! :)

The last couple of weeks in Colorado, we have played a lot of games, watched Sherlock Holmes and Mission Impossible (I like Sherlock Holmes the best), said good bye to my younger brother, began sewing a quilt, visit with my other roommate Sierra (she married a family friend of ours so I almost always get to see her in Colorado!) visit my grandparents, and sister (met my new nephew), did baptisms for the dead for family members, and did an endowment session before Kevin left for Philly.


Kevin has a month of classes in Philly before we start our first externship in Maryland. He will be staying with a friend from school for that month while I stay here in Colorado. We will meet up at the end of Jan. I am not looking forward to being apart from him. We have had too much fun together. But its probably good for me to get used to not seeing him again before he starts studying for boards again.

Anyway, that has been our vacation in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Angela Mencl said...

I was thinking how much I miss you at church today. I am glad your having fun on your break!!!

Jaymie and Justin said...

I didn't know someone got arrested that Sunday. Crazy! That is so fun that both Holly and Susi were on your flight! Too bad we missed hanging out before Kevin left :(