Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fun in Virginia!

After 2 short months, it is time for us to say good-bye to lovely Virginia and leave for Maryland. (Kevin will still be working for the same doctor, but we divided the time between both our families since his office is right in between...Plus, we don't want to abuse our welcome at anyone's house.)

We have enjoyed staying with Robert, Melarie our little niece and NEW nephew! Within the last two weeks, our little nephew was born so things have been a little busy, but fun at the same time! I have been helping Melarie by helping keep our niece entertained while she gets rest, and have hopefully helped her keep the house in order. Kevin came home a week ago from taking his board in Philly and has been busy working with his doctor.







Before Kevin came home, we all went to go see the cherry blossoms at their peak bloom in D.C. Last time I went to see the cherry blossoms in D.C., there was nothing to see because there was a huge storm the night before that blew all the flowers off. I went with my friends that time. Kevin had something to study for. This time, I was hoping to see them with Kevin but their peak bloom was when Kevin was in Philadelphia taking his board.

So, Kevin's family and I went to see the cherry blossoms without him. I was kind of sad that he was missing it again, but it was neat to see. Here are a few pictures from when we went to see the blossoms....







Once Kevin came home, I really needed some one on one time with him. So, we decided to go into D.C. to see if the cherry blossoms were still there.

Unfortunately, they were all gone. There were a couple of trees, but nothing spectacular. I was pretty bummed he missed out once again. However, it was great spending time with him for a little bit. I really have missed having Kevin all to myself these days.





















(Kevin holding his new nephew!)

Tomorrow, we leave for Maryland to live with my sister and her family...I am not sure how often I will get to blog there, but I am excited to start running again. I am going to start training for a 10k on Monday. It will be nice to get into shape again.

1 comment:

Jaymie and Justin said...

The cherry blossoms look so pretty. I wish I would have gone while we lived there. Have fun in Maryland!